Our Web development service has been growing rapidly over the years at Seven Peaks Software and it has been trusted by many renowned corporations, startups and industry leaders locally, and abroad.
To support our growth, and expanding web team, we are looking for a Head of Web with a passion for people development, process excellence and technical expertise development.
As the Head of Web, you will be in the driving seat to lead our Web team to create remarkable Web applications for our global clients.
The Head of Web development takes ownership of the department’s strategy, performance, processes, and all aspects of managing the people in the department. As the leader of the Web department, the Head of Web development will coordinate closely with other departments in Engineering as well as other internal departments on all matters relating to the development of the software products produced by Seven Peaks Software.
- Responsible for the development of the Web strategy, methodology, discipline, and frameworks for efficient and quality delivery of Web technologies development
- Responsible for leading, directing and ultimately growing the Web department, ensuring the correct mix of knowledge and experience to deliver a market-leading service
- Be an escalation point for all matters related to Web development and operate as a primary point of contact for the Web department members
- Provide leadership and technical expertise across all aspects of Web development
- Keep abreast of the latest technologies and best practices
- Perform training, and appraisal of all members of the Web department, providing clear direction for skills enhancement and career development
- Responsible for a full employee life cycle, including but not limited to
- Hiring the right people into the department
- Make sure the new employees are on boarded into the department in a way that makes them feel instantly part of the team and at home in Seven Peaks
- Perform probation reviews and make appropriate decisions based on the probation review
- Make sure all employees have a development plan and that the plan is executed so all employees can see their career path
- Perform formal appraisals every year
- Have regular 1:1 with all employees to make sure employees feel seen and cared for
- Be responsible for building and nurturing a good culture and relationship in the department
- Ensure that employees are optimally productive (billable hours) according to Engineering guidelines and company KPI’s
- Provide input for staff allocation to projects and engagements according to their skill level and interests
- Define the development process and best practice tools for the department
- Responsible for effective delivery and technical processes that make it as easy as possible to make excellent software
- Make sure to have the frameworks in place to ensure that the team can be grown quickly
- Have a high focus on productization and standardization to make sure the department constantly can be more effective in their daily development work
- Focus on reusable components to expedite the delivery process.
- Ensure the department complies with Seven Peaks data and security requirements
- Work with other department leaders to:
- Ensure projects delivered are of the highest quality
- Ensure that the engineering teams adhere to the principles, guidelines, and best practices of Engineering as defined
- Ensure that Seven Peaks Software deliver outstanding quality and efficiency in our products
- Provide technical leadership and expertise within the field of Web development, be a Thought Leader in the industry as a whole and drive engagement with the market via articles, events and meetups
- Participate in technical pre-sales as required
- Contribute to marketing content/material for service promotion
BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
Extensive experience as a web developer.
Experience in a managerial position leading teams.
A deep interest in mentoring and developing people.
Ability to communicate fluently in English, Spoken and written.
Able to work independently and deal with multiple stakeholders.
Business mindset: We’re helping clients, and want to grow our own business.
Professional services, software development agency and/or consulting business background, preferably in the international IT consulting companies is a bonus.
Experience working with enterprise clients, and big scale custom software projects.
- 10(15) days annual paid vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Provident fund
- Learning support
- Free Lunch every Thursday
- An office in the heart of Bangkok, connected with MRT station
- International work environment with over 20 different nationalities in the team
- Working with a wide and interesting portfolio of clients in SEA and globally
- Help with the international relocation, VISA and work permit process from start to finish
- Opportunity to visit events and conferences
- Standard perks such as free drinks and snacks in the office, team activities, trips and great parties
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying